Purina Athlete Supplement
Purina® Athlete® Supplement is an advanced supplement formulated specifically for horses competing in physically demanding activities. Its patented process and formulation are innovative applications of process technology, as well as an advancement in horse nutrition research. The result of this intense research and careful development is Purina® Athlete®supplement – an advanced supplement for competition horses.
Recommended for: Horses involved in training, conditioning, competition, showing and sales preparation, also for stallions and brood mares.
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
Purina® Athlete® is an advanced supplement formulated for horses involved in training, conditioning, competition, showing, sales preparation and for stallions and brood mares. Gradually blend Athlete® supplement with the current ration being fed over a period of 7-10 days until you are feeding the daily amounts shown below. The amount of current ration and Athlete®supplement in the final mix may need to be adjusted depending on the level of exercise and general fitness of the horse. Horses in Training, Condition and Competition Feed approximately 3 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete®supplement 30 days prior to training and continue feeding throughout competition. Show or Sale Horses Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete® supplement 60 days prior to breeding and continue feeding throughout the breeding season. Stallions Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete® 60 days prior to breeding and continue feeding throughout the breeding season. Breeding Mares Open/Maiden Mares - Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results start feeding Purina® Athlete®supplement 60 days prior to breeding and continue feeding until mare is checked in foal. Lactating Mares - Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete®supplement 60 days prior to foaling and continue feeding until foal is weaned. Foals should be provided a separate creep feed formulated to support proper foal growth and development, such as Purina® Strategy® Professional Formula GX, Ultium® Growth or Omolene 300® horse feeds. Variations in Feed Rates - Reduce Purina® Athlete® supplement intake if individual horse preference or exercise and general fitness levels indicate lower feeding rates are desirable. Important Considerations:
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- During the change over period, blend Purina Mills® Athlete® supplement with the current ration being fed by adding approximately ¼ lb of Athlete® supplement per head, per day until you have achieved the recommended feeding level.
- The final amount of Athlete® horse supplement in the mix should not be exceeded.
- Good quality hay must be fed daily at a minimum feeding rate of 1 pound of hay per 100 pounds of body weight.
- Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred.
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuffs.
- Observe your horse’s condition daily and consult your veterinarian immediately if any problems arise.
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label.
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program.