Purina Amplify Supplement
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Horse Supplement helps hardworking horses maintain their weight with a concentrated source of calories that can be added to the daily ration. Horses with increased energy requirements can benefit from the high-calorie and easy-to-digest Amplify® formula – including competition horses, horses being prepped for sale, breeding stallions, and gestating and lactating mares. Supplement your horse’s diet with this high-fat, controlled-starch nugget when additional calories are needed to maintain body condition, performance and shine.
Recommended for: Horses involved in training, conditioning, competition, showing and sales preparation, also for stallions and brood mares.
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
Purina® Athlete® is an advanced supplement formulated for horses involved in training, conditioning, competition, showing, sales preparation and for stallions and brood mares. Gradually blend Athlete® supplement with the current ration being fed over a period of 7-10 days until you are feeding the daily amounts shown below. The amount of current ration and Athlete®supplement in the final mix may need to be adjusted depending on the level of exercise and general fitness of the horse. Horses in Training, Condition and Competition Feed approximately 3 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete®supplement 30 days prior to training and continue feeding throughout competition. Show or Sale Horses Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete® supplement 60 days prior to breeding and continue feeding throughout the breeding season. Stallions Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete® 60 days prior to breeding and continue feeding throughout the breeding season. Breeding Mares Open/Maiden Mares - Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results start feeding Purina® Athlete®supplement 60 days prior to breeding and continue feeding until mare is checked in foal. Lactating Mares - Feed 2 pounds per head per day. For best results, start feeding Purina® Athlete®supplement 60 days prior to foaling and continue feeding until foal is weaned. Foals should be provided a separate creep feed formulated to support proper foal growth and development, such as Purina® Strategy® Professional Formula GX, Ultium® Growth or Omolene 300® horse feeds. Variations in Feed Rates - Reduce Purina® Athlete® supplement intake if individual horse preference or exercise and general fitness levels indicate lower feeding rates are desirable. Important Considerations:
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- During the change over period, blend Purina Mills® Athlete® supplement with the current ration being fed by adding approximately ¼ lb of Athlete® supplement per head, per day until you have achieved the recommended feeding level.
- The final amount of Athlete® horse supplement in the mix should not be exceeded.
- Good quality hay must be fed daily at a minimum feeding rate of 1 pound of hay per 100 pounds of body weight.
- Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred.
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuffs.
- Observe your horse’s condition daily and consult your veterinarian immediately if any problems arise.
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label.
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program.
Share With Us
- August 21: