Honor Show Chow Fitter’s Edge
Honor Show Chow Fitter’s Edge feed is a coarse-textured sweet feed. This is a complete, balanced diet formulated for optimum growth and development of show cattle. It can be followed by feeding Honor Show Chow Finishing Touch feed. Fitter’s Edge feed is supported by Purina Mills knowledge, experience, and research.
It’s never too early to start thinking Winner’s Circle. Get your best animals on Honor Show Chow Fitter’s Edge feed today so they can reach their full potential.
A uniquely-formulated, versatile ration...
- Offers flexibility in feeding program
- Can be fed as a complete ration to grow and develop show cattle
- Can be blended with grain to achieve the desired rate of gain while maintaining a well-balanced ration
- Balanced combination ofzinc, manganese, copper and cobalt
- Provides critical highly-available minerals that helps immune response which is critical for healthy traveling show cattle
- Helps maximize growth and muscle development – allows cattle to reach their full potential
- Research has shown that TASCO® helps lower body temperature during heat stress – helping keep animals on feed
- A true, fully fermented yeast culture developed specifically for optimum animal nutrition. Research proven, Diamond V has a unique ability to enhance ration digestibility, palatability and intake by delivering a rich, all-natural nutrient source to the animal’s digestive bacteria
- A very palatable roughage source
- Provides consistent intakes
- Feed it with total confidence – backed by Purina Mills’ legendary tradition of fundamental and applied research – thousands of winning entries at local and national shows
- Increased rate of weight gain, efficiency and reduction of liver abscesses
Caution: Store in a dry area away from insects. Do not feed moldy orinsect-infested feed.
Crude Protein, %.....(min).....14.0 Crude Fat, % ..........(min).....2.50 Crude Fiber, %........(max)....15.0 Calcium, % (Ca)......(min)....0.55 Calcium, % (Ca)......(max)....1.05 Phosphorus, % (P)..(min)....0.40 Salt, % (Na Cl)........(min)...0.15 Salt,% (Na Cl).........(max)...0.65 Potassium, % (K).....(min)...0.65 Selenium, ppm (Se)..(min)...0.44 Vitamin A, IU/lb.....(min)....3200.00
This feed is designed for show cattle under 900 pounds, but may be fed to cattle of any age or weight with proper management. Developing show cattle should eat approximately 2.5-3% of body weight and should be fed hay free-choice. Frame, genetics and management will determine finishing period. Forthe medicated option, feed 15 pounds per head per day to growing cattle to provide 70 mg chlortetracycline. Important: This product is to be fed only to the animal species as directed on the label Follow these management practices: 1. When making a ration change, allow 7-10 days for animals to adjust to the new ration. 2. Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times. 3. Do not allow fine material to accumulate in feeders. 4. Provide adequate, well-protected and well-managed bunk space for each animal to prevent feed from becoming wet and moldy. 5. When fed from a self-feeder, adjust feederto minimize quantity of feed accumulating in trough. 6. Cattle should be vaccinated against enterotoxemia. 7. Consult your veterinarian forthe recommended health program for yourlocal area. This includes internal and external parasite control. 8. Provide plain salt and Purina Wind&Rain® All Season mineral free choice. In groups of cattle, there are certain animals that experience chronic bloat or other digestive disturbances, and consequently are poor performers. In addition, excess feed consumption, severe weather changes resulting in erratic feed consumption and poorly-managed feeding practices can increase the incidence of bloat in all cattle. If bloating does occur, the above management practices should be reviewed.