Now is the perfect time of year to plant beautiful bluebonnets and wild flowers. Pick up seeds at New Braunfels Feed & Supply. While you’re here, be sure to check out our large supply of gardening supplies.
In addition to those beautiful fields of blue, it’s also a great time of year for fall gardeners to plant carrots, spinach, lettuce, onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower!
New to planting bluebonnets? Here’s a few helpful tips:
- Bluebonnets should be planted in the fall, usually between August – December (though some suggest October is the best time)
- They will germinate through the fall and grow through the Winter
- Bluebonnets grow best in full sun, in well-drained soils
- Bluebonnets grow best in alkaline soils or low PH soils
- Seeds should sprout in 30-70 days in temperatures between 55 to 70 degrees