Optimum nutrition for healthy birds and nutritious eggs. A 16%-protein, high-calcium ration formulated with prebiotics, probiotics and yeast for top-producing laying hens once they reach 18 weeks of age.
|Calcium, Manganese and Trace Minerals||Strong shells|
|Prebiotics, Probiotics and Yeast||Supports immune and digestive health|
|Added Marigold Extract||For Rich Yellow Yolks A high level of xanthophyll, a natural coloring agent derived from marigolds, produces deep yellow egg yolks.|
|Exclusive Level of Marigold Extract||For Rich Yellow Yolks A high level of xanthophyll, a natural coloring agent derived from marigolds, produces deep yellow egg yolks.|
|Essential Amino Acids||Wholesome Eggs and beautiful feathering Enhanced with lysine and methionine to give birds the nutrients they need to produce plenty of wholesome and delicious eggs. Also promotes beautiful feathering.|
|Key Levels of Vitamin A, D, E||Strong Reproduction and Overall Health A high level of Vitamin A helps birds produce plenty of healthy chicks.|
|Balanced and Complete Formula||Freshly-ground grains from North American Farms Calcium, manganese and trace minerals for strong shells. Fortified with vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids.|
|Simple Ingredients||No artificial by-products or fillers. No artificial preservatives added. No antibiotics or growth hormones added.|
Caution: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area free from rodents and insects. Never use moldy or insect-infested feed.
ANIMAL PROTEIN- AND FAT-FREE. Contact your local manufacturing plant for a current feed tag.
|Crude protein, % min||16.0%|
|Crude Fat, % min||2.5%|
|Crude Fiber, % max||6.5%|
|Lysine, % min||.7%|
|Calcium, % min||3.25%|
|Calcium, % max||4.25%|
|Phosphorus, % min||.45%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, %min||100|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||12 IU/lb|
Feed Form: Pellets or Crumbles or Mash (regional availability) How and When to Feed:
- Feed Purina Mills® Layena free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina Mills® is best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina Mills® Layena can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys of laying age.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.
Share With Us
- February 26:
- February 27:
- February 28:
- March 7:
- March 8:
- March 9:
- March 11:
- March 14:
- March 16:
- March 19:
- March 21:
- March 26:
- March 28:
- April 6: