Ag/Timber Registration Renewal

Your current Ag/Timber number expires on Dec. 31, 2019. You must renew your number in order to continue to claim an exemption on your qualifying agricultural and timber purchases made after that date. The Comptroller’s office has mailed renewal information to affected taxpayers. Renewals can be completed over the phone by calling 844-AGRENEW (844-247-3639) or online thru the Ag/Timber Registrations/Renewals eSystem using your WebFile number, which is included in your renewal letter.


Farmers, ranchers and timber producers can claim exemptions from some Texas taxes when purchasing certain items used exclusively to produce agricultural and timber products for sale.

How to Apply for a Texas Agricultural and Timber Registration Number (Ag/Timber Number)

To claim a tax exemption on qualifying items, you must apply for an agricultural and timber registration number (ag/timber number) from the Comptroller. You must include the ag/timber number on the agricultural exemption certificate (PDF) or the timber exemption certificate (PDF) when buying qualifying items.

Ag/Timber Courtesy Cards

Once we have processed your application, we’ll send you a confirmation letter with two courtesy cards showing your ag/timber number. These cards are for your convenience. They do not replace the requirement to provide a properly completed exemption certificate, with an active ag/timber number and expiration date, when making tax-exempt purchases.

You can make copies of the courtesy card, and you can authorize a spouse, employee or other individual to use the ag/timber number to make purchases in your name.

For example, if three family members operate a farm, one member can apply for an ag/timber number for the farm and all three family members can use it when buying qualifying items. Or, a corporate agricultural or timber operation with multiple employees can obtain one card and number that can be used by all authorized employees for qualifying purchases.

You are responsible for properly using your ag/timber number, and you can be held liable for its misuse.Summer Forage for Cattle